Re: a new combo box

On Sat, 2014-12-27 at 11:44 -0800, Christian Hergert wrote:
On 12/27/2014 07:50 AM, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
In any case, I think this misses the point I was trying to make, I think
someone had to raise the obvious question: is it justified to bring in a
whole new combo API ? Or can we / should we get the most out of the API
we have ?

Can I style combobox items with CSS?

I'm not sure how relevant that is in this discussion, if you can't style
a cell renderer that would be a bug (I do recall Carlos reassuring me
that CSS would work with cell renderers when he was originally authoring
the CSS machinery).

A very quick look tells me that yes you certainly can, as the renderers
pick up the style context from the widget they are rendered onto, you
would have to be theming a GtkCellView, which is what displays an item
in a combo.

Cheers,
    -Tristan