Re: A Gtk's build system ?

I should hope not.

Autotools is indeed the worst possible solution, except for all the
others.  (With apologies to Churchill.)  But it exists and it is a
known quantity.

It solves problems like generation of tar balls, checking that the tar
balls actually
work, running test suites, checking translation completeness, handles cross-
compilation (to a point), multiple architectures, parallel builds,
etc.  Hard stuff.

(It also handles hardware last observed in the late 70s, but you
aren't harmed by
that.)

I really do not see a need to sink time into replacing all that.
Especially not if
the simplification consists of using the ostrich approach -- "*I*
don't have that
problem so it is not important."

Re your specific concerns: linux, osx, win32 all have the unix tools;
there ought
to be a macro provided to find glib-compile-resources; with counceling you will
get over the ugliness.

Morten

On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 9:35 AM, Victor Aurélio Santos