ATK question

Hi guys - is this an appropriate place for posting questions about ATK? I tried looking for a specific ATK mailing list but I couldn't find one. Please let me know if I'm posting in the wrong place.

Anyway, my question concerns the version numbering strategy for libatk. When updating from git this morning I happened to notice that the version number has increased from 2.10.0 to 2.11.1. This seems to be confirmed in the 'NEWS' file (top level directory) as well as in 'configure.ac' - BUT - if I look at the available branches (that I could switch to if I wanted to) 2.10 and 2.11 seem to be very old branches. In fact they're among the earliest. The most recent branch number is 3.10 - but even in the 2.X range, Atk is up to version 2.30. So how can 2.11 be the latest branch??? This seems to be very different from the version numbering used by most gnome projects.

John