Re: __uint128_t support in gobject introspection

Hi Mark,

On Mon, 2013-04-29 at 12:43 -0400, Mark Salter wrote:
I ran into an issue in gobject-introspection while bootstrapping fedora
packages for AArch64. I was able to build gobject-introspection but when
some other packages run the scanner,

What components are causing the scanner to ultimately include kernel
headers?  I'm guessing this is systemd.  If possible, it's nice to avoid
doing so.  I'll be the first to say that the scanner is really not the
world's best C parser, it works best when it's fed only pure GObject.

I see:

  /usr/include/asm/sigcontext.h:53: syntax error, unexpected identifier in ' __uint128_t vregs[32];' at
'__uint128_t'
  /usr/include/asm/ptrace.h:75: syntax error, unexpected identifier in ' __uint128_t vregs[32];' at
'__uint128_t'
  /usr/include/asm/sigcontext.h:53: syntax error, unexpected identifier in ' __uint128_t vregs[32];' at
'__uint128_t'

So, aarch64 gcc has a builtin __uint128_t which the kernel exposes in
some of its headers. It seems like gobject-introspection about this
type. Am I missing anything? It sees like an easy enough thing to do
from a quick glance at the code, but I could just be naive about it.

We could probably ignore the type easily enough.  But allowing its use
in introspectable API would be a lot harder because bindings would have
to be updated.