Re: Windows port of PyGObject Introspection/GSoC

On 9 March 2013 20:29, Bernhard Reiter <ockham raz or at> wrote:
(Sorry for cross-posting, I really didn't know which ML was most
appropriate; sorry TumaGonx and Helge for CC'ing this twice, I
had to subscribe to these mailing lists first.)

I've noticed there's been some unofficial work on PyGObject
Introspection for Windows lately by TumaGonx [1] and Helge Herz [2],
which I think is great. Any chance upstream is going to collaborate with
them in order to turn this into something official?

Upstream is more a place where people work together than a group of people. Work becomes "official" when it gets accepted in the repository, for details on the process:

https://live.gnome.org/Git/Developers#Contributing_patches

One oppurtunity to do this would be this year's Google Summer of Code,
especially if one of the people involved is a student who wants to earn
some money for this kind of work ;-) Where would be the appropriate
place to suggest such an idea for GSoC?

In principle GNOME, but if Gramps or another project that uses PyGObject wants to use an slot for it, it shouldn't be any problem (but the student should make sure to work together with the maintainers regardless of the mentoring organization).

https://live.gnome.org/SummerOfCode2013

Regards,

Tomeu

Kind regards