Re: ATK test is failing

On 03/22/2013 01:05 PM, John Emmas wrote:
Hi there,

Hi there,

This morning I built libatk v2.7.91 (Windows / MSVC) from the latest
git code (downloaded about 4 days ago).  Having built the library I
decided to build the two test modules.  Unfortunately, testrelation.c
gave me this error at run-time:-

FWIW, those tests are heavily outdated. For example, they are intended
to be loaded as gtk modules, but we (fourtunately) decided to stop to do
this kind of things years ago. Those tests are heavy candidates to be
nuked. It was not done because what I would really like is update those
tests, in order to have real testing directory (something I don't have
time to), with meaningful tests and not need to create and load gtk modules.

      Relation test module loaded
      Relation tests succeeded
      Unexpected name for ATK_ROLE_PAGE_TAB page tab
      Role tests failed

Here's the relevant test, from line 174 of testrelation.c

  const gchar *name;
  name = atk_role_get_name (ATK_ROLE_PAGE_TAB);
  g_return_val_if_fail (name, FALSE);
  if (strcmp (name, "page-tab") != 0)
    {
      g_print ("Unexpected name for ATK_ROLE_PAGE_TAB %s\n", name);
      return FALSE;
    }

The test retrieves an entry from a table called "roles" (defined in
atk/atkobject.c).  It tests to check that the retrieved entry has the
name "page-tab" (note the hyphen).  However, here's what the 'roles'
table actually looks like at line 179 of atk/atkobject.c:-

  static const char roles[] =

    // the preceding table entries

    "page tab\0"

    // the remaining table entries
  };

Note that the actual entry has no hyphen.  I'm assuming that the test
and the table entry can't both be right.  Which should I change?  The
table entry or the test?  Thanks.

This is a bug on the test. On GNOME we usually use bugzilla to report
this kind of problems:
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=atk

If you want, you could provide a patch there.

Thanks for the feedback.

BR

--
Alejandro Piñeiro Iglesias