Re: Adding gtkparasite to gtk?

Hi Christian,

On Mon, 2012-10-29 at 12:49 -0700, Christian Hammond wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 9:41 AM, Javier Jardón <jjardon gnome org>
> wrote:
>         20 days passed, Is the patch to support GTK+3 already applied?
>         What about the other patches?
>
> It hasn't yet. I haven't forgotten, and it's still sitting there on my
> TODO list, glaring at me. I've had things come up since this
> discussion that have required my focus, and I'm working to get through
> those things before I can sit down and spend time on gtkparasite
> patches and a release.

Thanks for applying the GTK+3 support patches.

Since there has been some confusion about the best place to send
patches, I wanted to draw your attention to my 2 pull requests on
GitHub.
"Bug fixes" addresses the broken method of getting X11 window id on GTK
+3 and adds 'GTK3' conditional define when building for the GTK+3
interface.
"Ui retool" revamps the parasite window (there's a screenshot with the
pull request here https://github.com/chipx86/gtkparasite/pull/5 ). The
main changes are:
* widget tree columns can be hidden via a right-click popup menu
* enabling/disabling "edit mode" is accomplished by clicking the column
header instead of having an "Edit Mode" button. (unfortunately, Gtk+
doesn't support toggle button-style column headers)
* multiple tabs for the 2nd pane now show the class hierarchy and the
WidgetPath (Gtk+3-only) for the selected widget

Ultimately, I'd like to have a CSS-style pane (like Firebug) for GTK+3
but unfortunately there's no library interface for that.

FYI, I packaged gtkparasite for Debian/Ubuntu. The bug-fix only version
is available here https://launchpad.net/~phurley/+archive/ppa .
The retooled version is available here
https://launchpad.net/~phurley/+archive/gtkparasite .

Regards,