Re: win32-fixup.pl

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 10:47 AM, John Emmas <johne53 tiscali co uk> wrote:
On 24/02/2013 08:34, John Emmas wrote:

Can anyone tell me what the correct syntax is for running the script?  I
tried "perl win32-fixup.pl" (without any command-line options) and although
it did work, it only processed the first file in the list and then skipped
the others.

I realised what the problem was.  Here's the list of files to be processed:-

        process_file ("config.h.win32");
        process_file ("glibconfig.h.win32");
        process_file ("glib/makefile.msc");
        process_file ("glib/glib.rc");
        process_file ("gmodule/makefile.msc");
        process_file ("gmodule/gmodule.rc");
        process_file ("gobject/makefile.msc");
        process_file ("gobject/gobject.rc");
        process_file ("gthread/makefile.msc");
        process_file ("gthread/gthread.rc");
        process_file ("tests/makefile.msc");

The second one is wrong.  It should be:-

        process_file ("glib/glibconfig.h.win32");

After fixing that, it all works!  win32-fixup.pl is a useful little script.
Congratulations to whoever thought of it.

Looks like it does the necessary substitutions that are usually done
by "configure". I've never built GLib on win32, so the following is
just a wild guess -- but I'd guess this script is long out of date and
needs updating. For one thing, it sets the version number to 1.3.7,
from about 10 years ago -- neither current nor correct. That it is so
long out of date is an indication that you probably don't need to use
it, otherwise it would have been updated in the meantime.

In any case, look at the AC_SUBST and AC_CONFIG_FILES declarations in
"configure.ac" to make sure that the script performs the proper
substitutions with current values.

--
Philip