Re: Function completion for GVariant maybe types?

On 20 Feb 2013, at 21:44, Markus Elfring wrote:

Why do you prefer to use an enumeration instead of the other general application
programming interface?

Hi Markus.  Until a couple of days ago I'd never even encountered GVariant so forgive me if I've misunderstood the concept - but from what you've written, it seems like you want to be able to map a nullable object to the state of a checkbox for some reason.  However, according to the description for GVariant:-

"GVariant instances always have a type and a value (which are given at construction time). The type and value of a GVariant instance can never change other than by the GVariant itself being destroyed."

So GVariant doesn't seem to be a suitable type for mapping the state of something whose state can change.  Could that be why there's so much reluctance to implement what you want?  As I said, forgive me if I've misunderstood the concept.  Just making an observation.

John