Re: bugzilla cleanup

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 11:27 AM, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org> wrote:
> On 02/05/2013 02:13 PM, Krzysztof Kosiński wrote:
>> This bug, which makes GOption useless on Windows and has accumulated
>> 93 comments so far, could be easily fixed (it has patches) if someone
>> finally decided which way is preferable.
>
> It can be "easily fixed" in the sense that every application also would then
> need to be fixed...

I'm sorry if this is a naive perspective, but given that there seems
to be no optimal solution at this point, is it possible to compromise?
Could it be fixed by making an API change in the 3.x series? This
would allow applications to fix it when/if they migrate and not
mandate everyone gets on it ASAP. To me it seems like a less painful
route, however, I am probably mistaken since this approach hasn't been
adopted.

Cheers,
Josh