Re: Stock Items Deprecation

I believe that this is exactly what GtkIconFactory is there for, it allows
you to define named icons for various widget states including RTL/LTR.

Thankfully GtkIconFactory != stock icons... but unfortunately it looks as
though a deprecation of GtkIconFactory snuck in with the stock icon
deprecation (presumably under the guise that the two are somehow related).

Ok, sorry for venting my frustration, but is there really any justification
for this additional deprecation of a useful feature ?

It's also frustrating that GtkIconFactory is silently removed, after not
even receiving any reply on the topic, which was discussed only a
month or two ago:
   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2013-May/msg00063.html

Is it too late to reverse this deprecation for 3.10 ?

Cheers,
     -Tristan