Re: RFC: gesture management model

Hey Matthias,

On Sun, 2013-08-11 at 18:25 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
Hey Carlos,

thanks for writing this up in excruciating detail. I'm sorry that we
didn't get to discuss this at the GTK+ meeting.

Oh well, it was tight on time, and there's enough items on the 3.10
plate, glad to get this moving anyways.

It sounds reasonable
to me, as far as the event controllers themselves are concerned. It
would be great to learn some more about how this would do for
backwards compatibility with widgets that expect to handle events 'the
old way'.

Right, I didn't get too deep in there, essentially an unchanged widget
would still get to receive and handle events as they did previously,
even if a controller acknowledges the touch sequence (and this action
doesn't trigger grabs, etc), no event blocking would happen at the
capture phase.

This however could just need minor adaptions, the ::ownership-claimed
signal could be considered another "drop your interaction with this
device/touch id" notification as ::grab-notify and GdkEventGrabBroken
essentially are, even if a widget doesn't make use of event controllers
itself. Widgets interested in this will likely have similar codepaths
already.

Cheers,
  Carlos