Fwd: GtkAppChooser custom command patch

Where do you think it should live? In a nautilus extension ("Open with custom" or something)?

/Andreas

2013/4/8 Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com>
On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 7:48 AM, Bernhard Schuster
<schuster bernhard googlemail com> wrote:
> There will always be the case that some application will not do it properly.
> Instead of annoying the end-user, give him/her the option to fix it
> him/herself. It is not that it would hurt, it's rather a salvation for the
> daily highcups and struggle with beta/commercial applications.

But selecting 'custom command' doesn't fix it in any way. Fixing it
would involved editing the desktop file, adding the necessary mime
type, and sending a patch to the application author.

I don't doubt that 'custom command' functionality is useful. But I
don't think it should live in the app chooser dialog.