Re: Adding gtkparasite to gtk?

Hey Christian,

On Wed, 2012-10-10 at 01:16 +0200, Rui Tiago Cação Matos wrote:
> Hi Christian,
>
> On 10 October 2012 01:10, Christian Hammond <chipx86 chipx86 com> wrote:
> > That's a fine goal and all, but I must ask why people haven't sent us these
> > patches and worked around our repository? We're not dead, just the tool's
> > been working fine for our needs and we haven't seen any activity or support
> > around it.
> >
> > It would have been much appreciated to be contacted before assuming
> > maintainership of the project. We weren't intending to relinquish that just
> > yet, and would like to discuss it with people before that were to happen.

I've had a gtkparasite fork going with GTK+ 3.0 support for a year:
https://github.com/hadess/gtkparasite/commit/770db8faacde1aba9eaf3e45da6e39e27b565859

And the requests to get GTK+ 3.0 support committed have fallen on deaf
ears:
http://code.google.com/p/gtkparasite/issues/detail?id=18

So the patches have been sent, just that they've been ignored.

> Oh, I'm not claiming maintainership on it at all. But you're right
> that I should have contacted you first about this, my apologies.
>
> It's just that people have been doing gtkparasite forks all over the
> internet and today I decided to finally push all the fixes I knew to a
> place where a lot of interested parties can share the maintenance
> burden.
>
> If you're not happy on having it in git.gnome.org we can take it back
> down I guess.

Or we can rename it and carry on using a single shared git repo so we
don't block on a single person for maintenance.

Cheers