Re: g_rename() problem on Windows (and suggested remedy)
- From: Stef Walter <stefw gnome org>
- To: John Emmas <johne53 tiscali co uk>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: g_rename() problem on Windows (and suggested remedy)
- Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 18:53:41 +0200
On 2012-03-26 13:43, John Emmas wrote:
The above code gives me a handle which is functionally equivalent to a
Glib file handle (it can be used with read() and write() etc) BUT the
file can be renamed - even when open.
Reaching back into my memory of windows development past here ... but
won't reading/writing to such a windows file handle after a
rename/delete return an error?
This would be significantly different than the unix behavior of being
able to continue to read/write to a file descriptor even if the
directory entry is moved or deleted.
] [Thread Prev