Re: g_rename() problem on Windows (and suggested remedy)

On 26 Mar 2012, at 17:53, Stef Walter wrote:

Reaching back into my memory of windows development past here ... but won't reading/writing to such a windows file handle after a rename/delete return an error?

Hi Stef - I've only tried writing to a renamed file, which does work (with my modified creation strategy).  Haven't tried writing to a deleted file but I could easily test it.  I suspect that will generate an error though because I don't think a file handle can remain valid after the file's been closed or deleted.  Renaming simply moves the file's location whilst keeping it open.  I'll test this with a deleted file though.

John