Re: Commercial support page on gtk.org

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 12:41:31PM +0000, Martyn Russell wrote:
> On 23/03/12 11:49, Daniel Garcia wrote:
> >On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 03:12:32PM +0000, Martyn Russell wrote:
> >>Hi all,
> >>
> >>For a while, I/we at Lanedo have thought that gtk.org is missing a
> >>commercial support page. Qt has one and it's even been requested by
> >>some clients in the past IIRC.
> >>
> >>I've been meaning to merge this branch for a while:
> >>
> >>   http://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk-web/log/?h=support
> >>
> >>The result is demonstrated here:
> >>
> >>   http://curlybeast.net:8080/support.php
> >>
> >>I made a few small changes today and am happy with it myself. Just
> >>so people know, the list of companies is randomly listed, so there
> >>is no bias about ordering here.
> >>
> >>If there are no major objections, I will push this by Friday this
> >>week or shortly after.
> >>
> >>Comments welcome,
> >
> >Hi,
> >
> >At wadobo we provide gtk consultant, development and training. it
> >could be great to appear in http://www.gtk.org/support.php
> >
> >I attached a patch to add wadobo to support, feel free to push if you
> >think Wadobo can be in this list.
>
> I guess we need to have some rules about who gets added to make sure
> we don't add people who just want to be on that page. We've seen
> this with OpenOffice, but the page link escapes me.
>
> I am not saying Wadobo is unworthy, just that it has occurred to me
> we need to be careful about flooding that list.
>
> Daniel, what sort of support are you offering around GTK+ and do you
> have any commits you can point to which show contribution to the
> project?

You're right, some rules are needed. Qt asks you for qt certified
developers in your team, maybe in gtk we should make some kind of gtk+
certification.

In wadobo we offer gtk+ app development, a11y gtk support and so. Last
year I was working in evince a11y [1][2][3], but unfortunately currently
I don't have much time to spent on this.

I also develop a gtk application called TBO [4]

[1] http://git.gnome.org/browse/evince/log/?qt=author&q=danigm
[2] http://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/commit/?id=799c3e4e57a4d7c17a6998d8fafb1cfc988389f6
[3] http://git.gnome.org/browse/pyatspi2/commit/?id=0641883731ab891e327ef215baded9fbd7c0706c
[4] http://git.gnome.org/browse/tbo/