Re: Fully winding down my involvement in GTK+

Hi John;

The situation with the win32 and quartz backends has not really changed over the years: the only fully maintained backend is the x11 backend mostly because that is the backend that most of the people involved in the development of gtk happen to use. Some users have started looking at the backend code, but they are few and far between - and in most cases they are application developers first, so they (understandably) care about their app functionality.

So, I would like a concrete proposal: how do you think we can change this trend?

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.