Re: EXTERNAL: Re: building gobject-introspection with Mingw

On Tue, 2012-07-17 at 07:56 +0200, Stef Walter wrote:
> On 07/16/2012 09:40 PM, Damon Register wrote:
> > It's just for the introspection.m4 file; you should be able to copy it
> > into the m4/ directory in the GTK+ source.
>
> In general, should we be copying introspection.m4 into our projects?

*if* your project needs to run on Windows, it would likely ease the
pain for people if we used m4_ifdef to make its availability optional.
If you don't need to run on Windows, the argument for making it
optional is typically weaker, but I certainly think it's fine to do.

Copying around the file has the obvious negative that now we have a lot
of copies that get out of sync, so I prefer m4_ifdef over that.