GTK+ <> design meetup in Brno
- From: Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com>
- To: gtk-devel-list <gtk-devel-list gnome org>, Jakub Steiner <jimmac gmail com>, Allan Day <allanpday gmail com>, William Jon McCann <william jon mccann gmail com>
- Subject: GTK+ <> design meetup in Brno
- Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 10:23:29 -0500
some idea that came up in theme-related irc chatter today: Considering
we have a GTK+ hackfest in Brno Feb 17-21, and a bunch of GNOME design
people are in town that weekend as well, we should arrange for an hour
or so of free-form discussion along the toolkit <> design boundary.
Possible topics include:
- Do pixel-perfect designs serve us well (considering GTK+ is somewhat
ill-equipped to implement them) ?
- Theming vs Layout: where's the line ?
- Can we make better use of CSS than we currently do ?
- What are the top 5 sore spots in the toolkit, from the design perspective
I don't know exactly when the designers will arrive and what their
schedule looks like, so we'll have to juggle times a bit.
Initial proposal: lets get together Sunday afternoon, say 2-3 - does
that work for everybody ?
] [Thread Prev