Re: RFC: new features

On Fri, 2012-01-13 at 17:34 -0800, Christian Hergert wrote:
> Hopefully this isn't getting old, but I'm sort of just throwing these
> out there as I think of them.

<snip>
> BACKGROUND OPACITY
> It would be nice to have the ability to alter the opacity of a window
> without altering the opacity of GdkWindow'd widgets inside it. This is
> useful for utility windows that float over a primary window. Right now,
> you have to handle changes with the visual and/or screen and modify the
> background yourself. This breaks possible theming and is tedious.
> http://www.pixelmator.com/ is a good example of why this might be
> useful.

Had that problem in the Wacom calibration screen. I wanted the elements
to be opaque but on a translucent dark background. It wasn't possible
without resorting to hacks (such as having 2 windows, one translucent
with the black background, one with the opaque elements on a transparent
background).

Do you mind filing a bug about that?

Cheers