Re: RFC: new features

On 01/13/2012 12:52 AM, Stefan Sauer wrote:
> TIP-DIALOG
> I've seen several implementations in aps (e.g. gimp has one). I did one
> for buzztard. It shows a random message from the tips list.

I don't know of anyone who actually finds such a dialog useful to be
honest.  Many users I know sigh when they see that dialog when running
an app for the first time, check "never show this again" and get their
work done.  In my opinion (only worth half a penny) such a feature is a
waste of code in an app, and probably not worth the effort to implement
in GTK.