Re: RFC: UI design

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 2:05 PM, Jan Jokela <janjokela gmail com> wrote:

> Take iPhoto, Calendar and similar apps, even the ones not developed by
> Apple.
> Many of them style widgets to a certain look and feel and most have a bunch
> of custom widgets. And I see this as  essential for making great
> applications even though it requires a rather fixed theme.

these are all applications designed for use by people who don't spend
all day inside the app aka "desktop applications".

change that and look at the applications that *are* designed for the
all-day (or all-night) user, and  i strongly believe that the rules
change. maybe not totally, but enough to make a difference.