Re: About making public gtk accessibility headers

On 08/08/2012 09:32 AM, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
> hi;
>
> On 7 August 2012 17:58, Piñeiro <apinheiro igalia com> wrote:
>> d) Keep gtkaccessible as the only public one, so third party applications
>> will require to reimplement the ATK interfaces or the accessibility support
>> for their custom widgets.
>>
>> Option that in my opinion, will lead to tons of C&P code from gtk+ on those
>> third party applications.
>>
>> BTW. At this moment we can't implement d) directly using
>> gtk_widget_class_set_accessible_type at this moment. As it is said on his
>> documentation [2] "The given type must be a subtype of the type used for
>> accessibles of the parent class. "
> just a side question: has this API been validated by anyone in the
> language bindings community? getting the class structure or pointer
> can be tricky.

I don't think so. Anyway, as I have just said on a different mail, you
are not forced to use gtk_widget_class_set_accessible_type to specify a
different accessible object. You can reimplement gtkwidget->get
accessible. Something similar happens at clutter. ClutterActor has a
virtual method get_accessible, that it is not redefined in any other
ClutterActor subclass, and then StWidget redefines it, used in any other
StWidget subclass.

Sorry for the noise.

BR

--