Re: GTK+ meetup at Guadec

On Tue, 2012-07-31 at 00:20 +0200, Philip Chimento wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 3:30 PM, Matthias Clasen
> <matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
> > - We need to document how one extends GTK+ itself (eg how to create a
> > new widget class), to make it easier for new people to get involved
> > (I'll try to get this started)
>
> I wrote a tutorial on extending GtkContainer in C
> (http://ptomato.name/advanced-gtk-techniques/html/custom-container.html).
> It's even current for 3.0. I wrote it for the advanced developer
> rather than the new one, but perhaps you can recycle some of it.

I think Matthias' comment has more to do with:
- Adding the C files and headers to the correct sections of the
Makefile.am
- Making sure all the functions are documented
- Add the filenames and sections to the API docs
- Adding the new symbols to be exported
- Adding a test application or widget to gtk-demo
- Adding the AVAILABLE_IN... macro to the public headers

etc.