Re: GTK+ meetup at Guadec

On Thu, 2012-08-02 at 07:21 +0200, Olav Vitters wrote:

> Convince chpe that it is ok to have his comments indexed and I'll gladly
> have Bugzilla indexed.

Sorry, don't know what the context of that is (though if it's about
privacy it sounds rather soft given that, robots.txt or not, the
comments are out there on a public site).

I was told a few years back that Bugzilla couldn't handle the load
resulting from search engine traffic, and that was why robots were told
to go away.

If that's still a technical problem then, well, there are ways to work
around that issue. If it's actually a policy question, then I think
GNOME would be better off not attempting to hide its bug tracker from
search engines. Surely people have an understanding that comments on
public forums are publicly visible and liable to be indexed? And if not,
we should add that warning as a disclaimer to the comment form.

AfC
Sydney