Re: gdk threads ...

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 1:53 PM, Chris Vine <chris cvine freeserve co uk> wrote:

> That's interesting - you have found with Ardour that attaching timeout
> sources to a main loop is not thread safe?

Not at all - we just don't want it. The other event loops run/provide
support for non-Graphical UIs, and they can be
instantiated/deinstantiated independently of the GUI. We don't want
the handling of (for example) MIDI or OSC data to be interwoven with
handling GUI events. Naturally, the GUI can be altered by things that
happen in these other event loops, but that happens solely either by
changing the model that they all interact with, or by anonymous
cross-thread callbacks.