Re: GtkTable is deprecated

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 6:30 PM, Johannes Schmid <jhs jsschmid de> wrote:
> This is a massive change to existing GtkBuilder .ui files so I would
> suggest that somebody able to do xml and/or sed/grep magic would write a
> script that just replaces GtkTable with GtkGrid in existing .ui files. If
> that is included in gtk+ it would a lot of peoples lives easier.

I am not sure that a simple script - and it'd probably be easy enough
to get a simple one going with some XSLT - because you need to fix the
expand and align flags of your widgets, and that means setting flags
on completely different widgets in the widget tree.
That transition is a thing I'd love to have seen tackled more by app
authors btw, but so far it wasn't necessary, so nobody bothered.
GtkBox and GtkTable didn't lose these flags in the transition to GTK3
after all.

Also, keep in mind that UI files won't cause deprecation warnings
during compilation. So unless you have code that live-edits tables,
your code will still continue to compile and run fine for the time
being.

Benjamin