Re: _wstat on Windows (actually stat stuff in general)

2011/9/26 Jernej Simončič <jernej|s-gmane eternallybored org>:
> But which is more likely to happen - user having a filename with foreign
> characters, or user having a symlink (which on Windows can only be created
> by administrators)...

Based on the bugs reported against Inkscape that were caused by this
kind of filename, I would say the former (foreign characters) is much
more common. A lot of users have English Windows but have a local
keyboard layout and name their documents in their local language (e.g.
Russian, Polish) which is not representable in latin1.

Regards, Krzysztof