Re: Plans for GTK+ Bundles for win32 and win64?

Op Fri, 09 Sep 2011 12:29:38 +0200, schreef Jean-Philippe Chancelier:
>     Hello,
>     I am cross-compiling windows gtk-applications and I would be
>     interested by the opposite task. I have a .ddl (or a .dll + dll.a)
>     generated by cross-compilation and I would like to produce an import
>     .lib file without having to use VC i.e from Linux.
>     Does anyone know if such a tool exists ?
>     Regards,
>     JP

The mingw.org wiki has a page dedicated to this:
http://mingw.org/wiki/MSVC_and_MinGW_DLLs
It describes how to create MSVC import libraries for gcc compiled dll's
and the other way around.

In order to create MSVC import libraries from a Linux host, you'd
probably have to copy the lib.exe from MSVC to your Linux environment and
excute it using wine.

I also recall some references that the .a files coming from mingw-w64
compiled dll's (not the mingw.org toolchain) can be used directly by MSVC,
but don't pin me on that.

Kind regards,

Erik van Pienbroek