Re: RFC: glocal - automatically freeing memory when it goes out of scope

On 11/22/2011 10:24 PM, Hub Figuière wrote:
On 22/11/11 01:48 AM, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
the obvious issue is: how does this interact with languages that do
have a GC, and how does the API work to avoid making the life of
developers for high-level languages apps and/or bindings a nightmare.
if libraries start using this object for their internal allocations,
for instance, or start relying on it when using their API.

I don't see it as being a problem with a GC. GObject does not know about
GC and language that have a GC built in already deal with that.

I don't see it as an issue for pygobject either, as pygobject already deal with objects being destroyed from C code (as would probably do any bindings since this is basically what happens to all children of a widget if you destroy it).