Re: GTK+ 3.3.4 released

On Tue, 2011-11-22 at 10:59 +0000, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-11-21 at 20:03 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> > * GtkApplication no longer uses gtk_main internally
>
> What do we replace g_main_quit() with then?
>
> The documentation for g_application_release() doesn't inspire
> confidence:
> http://developer.gnome.org/gio/unstable/GApplication.html#g-application-release
>
> g_object_unref()? If g_application_release() is the correct call (as the
> docs for g_application_set_inactivity_timeout() [1] makes it sound,
> could the docs please be changed?

I think the idea is things should just work if you add the toplevel
windows of the application to the GtkApplication instance (via
gtk_application_add_window or gtk_window_set_application); when the last
window is destroyed, the mainloop will quit.

For more complex cases, e.g. if you want to defer windows creation
asynchronously or if you need to run as a headless service you have to
use g_application_hold/release.