Re: RFC: glocal - automatically freeing memory when it goes out of scope

On 21 November 2011 15:43, Dominic Lachowicz <domlachowicz gmail com> wrote:
> If you want this sort of behavior, use a language like C++ that
> supports stack-allocated objects natively. GtkMM and GlibMM already do
> this wonderfully. Using a GNU-C ism which probably won't work with
> most other C compilers (MSVC, LLVM, ICC, ...) feels wrong to me.

We need a micro-C++ binding that looks exactly like traditional
GObject C but also hooks up the nice features like stack allocated
objects.  I don't like C++ but I'd consider a C++ compiler to compile
my C code if it could simplify memory management dramatically for
almost free. :)

Ross