Re: Function completion for GVariant maybe types?

> /* if the type is already a maybe type, strip off
> * the extra layer to avoid nested maybe types.
> */
> if (g_variant_type_is_maybe (type))
>    type = g_variant_element (type);

Would you like to refer to a different function?
(It seems that this one was not mentioned and explained before.)

I have found the function "g_variant_get_child_value". Now I imagine that I need a function "g_variant_get_child_type" which can be reused for the implementation of the proposed function "g_variant_new_nothing_from_type".
http://git.gnome.org/browse/glib/tree/glib/gvariant-core.c?id=41b8ce7100fa5fa4ecb01555e52b3664bcc41b28#n923

Regards,
Markus