Re: gdbus-codegen

Le mardi 17 mai 2011 à 09:21 -0400, David Zeuthen a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 8:57 AM, Xavier Claessens <xclaesse gmail com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've discovered your gdbus-codegen utility in GLib 2.29.x. Those new
> > APIs looks really good, I can't wait for using them :D
> >
> > However I've a little question about generated _call_ methods, they hide
> > flags and timeout args of g_dbus_proxy_call(), is that really something
> > we want?
>
> Yup, I thought about that and that's why the generated _call_ methods
> passes -1 for the timeout which means "default proxy timeout" - you
> can tweak this with
>
>  http://developer.gnome.org/gio/unstable/GDBusProxy.html#g-dbus-proxy-set-default-timeout

Ok, so I can temporally change the default timeout like that:

g_dbus_proxy_set_default_timeout(obj, 1000);
my_object_call_foo(obj);
g_dbus_proxy_set_default_timeout(obj, -1);

That seems fair enough for something that we don't need much.

> We could do a similar thing for the GDBusCallFlags but I'm not sure
> it's needed (and we can always add this later).

Indeed, g_dbus_proxy_set_default_flags() would be consistent, but can be
added when/if we have a usecase for it.

Thanks for that clarification, good work!

Regards,
Xavier Claessens.