Re: reftests

On May 9, 2011, at 7:57 PM, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> I don't have a fear of toplevel dirs. If people insist on having tests
> outside of the source tree (I personally like things in gtk/tests
> ...), then what is wrong with just having reftests/ as a toplevel
> directory ? We already have perf/, and we can add unittests/ too.

Benjamin raised the issue that the tests are re-linked all the time if they are in gtk/tests/ (unless you learn yourself to use "make all-am" instead of a plain make like I did ...).

If we decide the move the tests from gtk/tests/ to somewhere else, I wouldn't mind a toplevel unittests/ directory.

> As
> for testgtk, I think that would be really misplaced under demos/,
> since its code is the opposite of a demo of good GTK+ coding
> practices. If we want to clean this up some more, I'd instead propose
> to move the random other pixbuf test things from demos/ to tests/, and

Good idea!  I've never understood why these pixbuf things were in demos/.

> move the new examples from examples/ to demos/. At the same time we
> can kill the old, dead examples, and the incomplete testgtk copy under
> demos.

Agreed.

regards,

-kris.