Re: reftests

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 1:07 PM, Benjamin Otte <otte gnome org> wrote:
> On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 12:04 PM, Kristian Rietveld <kris gtk org> wrote:

>> The only issue I have with tests/ is that non-automated and automated tests might be intermixed, which is IMHO confusing.  Perhaps a subdirectory unittest/ under tests/ would work?
>>
> I would personally move testgtk and friends into demos/tests/ but I
> don't care either way. I guess Matthias is the one that gets to decide
> here.

I don't have a fear of toplevel dirs. If people insist on having tests
outside of the source tree (I personally like things in gtk/tests
...), then what is wrong with just having reftests/ as a toplevel
directory ? We already have perf/, and we can add unittests/ too. As
for testgtk, I think that would be really misplaced under demos/,
since its code is the opposite of a demo of good GTK+ coding
practices. If we want to clean this up some more, I'd instead propose
to move the random other pixbuf test things from demos/ to tests/, and
move the new examples from examples/ to demos/. At the same time we
can kill the old, dead examples, and the incomplete testgtk copy under
demos.