Re: lpr-commandline setting in gtkprintbackendlpr.c

The correct place for this kind of question is gtk-app-devel-list.

On 29 June 2011 16:11, Bryan Wright <bryan ayesha phys virginia edu> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
>     I'm trying to track down a problem with gtkprintbackendlpr.c.  Right now,
> I'm stuck because I can't figure out where the setting "lpr-commandline",
> referred to in that file, is supposed to be read from.  I confess that I don't
> know anything about gtk, so apologies in advance if this is a stupid question.
> Thanks in advance for any information.

I've never used the API, but reading the documentation[1] it seems
that the user is presented with a dialog[2] where the user can specify
the command line. The programmer is responsible to save the user's
choices and load them again in future print operations.

[1] http://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/gtk3-High-level-Printing-API.html#gtk-print-operation-run
[2] http://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/GtkPrintUnixDialog.html

Rui