Re: Gail next steps (was Re: GTK and ATK)

On 2011-06-07 at 17:16, Piñeiro wrote:

> >>we should probably establish some common interfaces so that Clutter can
> >>expose the same functionality for its own items — and so that embedding
> >>a GtkWidget inside a Clutter scene graph doesn't break the AT tools.
> >yep.
> >
> >>at the same time of 0-3 in gtk I can work on the equivalent for the
> >>Clutter side as well.
> >Isn't clutter ahead of us here ? It thought cally was already inside clutter ?
>
> Yes, cally is already part of clutter. So 1) doesn't apply to
> clutter. I guess that Emmanuele was talking about 5) (as cally is
> after all an ATK implementation)

yes, but Cally is also not using internal API even though it could — and
ClutterActors are generally unaware of Cally's implementation; for
instance, CallyActor installs a bunch of signal handlers where it would
be perfectly possible to have internal functions, or even call ATK/Cally
methods directly from ClutterActor.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--