Re: Gail next steps (was Re: GTK and ATK)

On 06/07/2011 05:11 PM, Matthias Clasen wrote:
On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Emmanuele Bassi<ebassi gmail com>  wrote:

0) write tests for accessible implementations
1) move modules/other/gail nach gtk/a11y
2) add tons of private headers for private structs, to share things
3) remove now unnecessary code
4) add a11y features support to core libs (mainly pango) - word
detection, cursor handling etc, share with clutter
5) figure out new interfaces for GTK to expose necessary features to
a11y (and other consumers, such as IM and OSK)
we should probably establish some common interfaces so that Clutter can
expose the same functionality for its own items — and so that embedding
a GtkWidget inside a Clutter scene graph doesn't break the AT tools.
yep.

at the same time of 0-3 in gtk I can work on the equivalent for the
Clutter side as well.
Isn't clutter ahead of us here ? It thought cally was already inside clutter ?

Yes, cally is already part of clutter. So 1) doesn't apply to clutter. I guess that Emmanuele was talking about 5) (as cally is after all an ATK implementation)

BR

--
Alejandro Piñeiro Iglesias (API) (apinheiro igalia com)