Re: GLIB, libffi and Windows

On 8/7/2011 8:16 PM, Dieter Verfaillie wrote:
On 07/08/2011 19:33, Kean Johnston wrote:
I am trying to compile master on Windows. gclosure.c doesn't compile due to
not having ffi.h. The presence of this is not tested in configure, and
there is no mention of it being a requirement in INSTALL. Having taken a
look at the offending file would it be a big loss if we just didn't provide
g_cclosure_marshal_generic() on Win32?

Yeah, for one thing, you'd be breaking PyGObject which
checks for libffi's presence and if it's there uses
g_cclosure_marshal_generic (in gobjectmodule.c).
To answer my own question, there is other code in GLib (specifically in gio) that uses it.

Given that, I strong suggest that ffi is built as part of GLib like PCRE is for GRegex.