Re: Crashes with long words in strings passed to gtk_widget_set_tooltip_text()
- From: Emmanuel Thomas-Maurin <manutm007 gmail com>
- To: Morten Welinder <mortenw gnome org>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Crashes with long words in strings passed to gtk_widget_set_tooltip_text()
- Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 03:56:53 +0200
On 04/20/2011 02:34 AM, Morten Welinder wrote:
>> If you really want to safely pass a very long text,
>> you will have to know the font (family and size) then check with stuff
>> like pango_layout_set_text() and pango_layout_get_pixel_size().
> This happened in Gnumeric at some point too. Basically, every time user
> supplied string make it into tooltips, this will happen. So it's
> probably better
> to fix this in gtk+.
I don't think pixmap dimensions limit is mentioned in the GTK/GDK doc.
Width and height type is gint, not guint16 or gint16.
Emmanuel Thomas-Maurin <manutm007 gmail com>
] [Thread Prev