Re: questions re: aux info, size request

On Sat, 2010-09-04 at 22:20 -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Also,
>
> 4. AuxInfo still contains x,y, x_set, y_set and code reads them, but
> commit 0d322676dcb06be62329a7d4373c497993509fbd removed set_uposition
> and now there is no way to set these - so they should die, right?

The removed gtk_widget_set_uposition() docs mention that it is not
useful for a widget that is inside a container, however the variables
are used in the default allocator: gtk_widget_real_size_allocate().

For GtkWindows we already have gtk_window_move(), and imo the fact
that the rarely used default allocator accesses these is some kind
of hack that I would like to see disappear.

So yes... lets kill x_set/y_set/x/y on the AuxInfo (now that you
cannot set them from any public API... theres no excuse afaics to
keep them around).

While looking at the mentioned commit that removes set_uposition() I
find that we have _gtk_window_reposition() which does nothing except
call the public API gtk_window_move()... it would be nice to hunt down
and remove instances of these useless private functions as well...

Cheers,
     -Tristan