Re: Gtk-OSX

On Sep 6, 2010, at 12:13 PM, Stefan Kost wrote:

> I think I heard somewhere that you have a kind of dummy gtk-doc to satisfy the
> build deps. I wonder if we can fix this somehow better. Can you either ping me
> in #gtkdoc (gimpnet-irc), write to gtk-doc mailing list or even to me in person
> and describe the problem. Also let me know where I can look at the dummy package
> that you are using.

No, it's gnome-doc-utils that's faked to satisfy the build deps, along with a package of DocBook DTDs (that the real gnome-doc-utils would provide if it wasn't faked). I thought that it had to do with not wanting to deal with scrollkeeper, but that doesn't seem to have anything to do with gnome-doc-utils. At this point, I don't really know why it's there; perhaps one of the Lanedo folks still here knows or can find out from Richard Hult. I'll experiment with just using the real gnome-doc-utils instead. If it works, then gnome-doc-utils-fake and gtk-osx-docbook can go away. If it doesn't, then when time permits I'll see about fixing it. It doesn't look like either gnome-doc-utils-fake or gtk-osx-docbook should migrate to gnome.org.

Gtk-doc works fine and is a supported module. I even used it to write the documentation for GtkOSXApplication.

The code is at http://github.com/jralls/gnome-doc-utils-fake, but I doubt that you'll find it interesting.

Regards,
John Ralls