Re: Wrapping Box Container

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 6:37 AM, Tristan Van Berkom
<tristanvb openismus com> wrote:
> SPREAD_EVEN is exactly that.. adding extra space between the children as
> spacing, and there is SPREAD_EXPAND for the other (not sure if that
> could be better explained).

that's what I was saying, just that the docs could use a small wording
tweak. (because "distributing extra space between children" could mean
either "among the children" - what I read the first few times - or "in
between" them as spacing)

> What would we prefer here ? A single AttachOptions type which can
> be used amongst many containers or a custom enumeration ?

I think AttachOptions is just broken, personally (though it beats
booleans for readability). FILL should be in an enum with start, end,
center since it is logically exclusive with those. SHRINK is just
broken (widgets should never get less than their min size). So only
EXPAND is a valid flag.

Obviously the main gist of my comments would be most useful if
actually fixing up FILL and padding to be props of widget instead of
props of containers.

Havoc