Re: 3.0 refactoring issues
- From: Tristan Van Berkom <tristanvb openismus com>
- To: Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: 3.0 refactoring issues
- Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 13:24:41 +0900
On Tue, 2010-10-26 at 21:43 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 8:26 PM, Matthias Clasen
> <matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
> > Proposed plan:
> > 1. nuke size-request in GTK+
> > 2. deprecate size-request in 2.91.3 (we can't use #ifdef deprecation
> > for vfuncs, but maybe we can arrange things so that having a non-NULL
> > size_request vfunc will trigger a runtime warning)
> > 3. write patches for the rest of gnome (at least the 'core' desktop)
> > 4. remove size-request in 2.91.4
> > does that sound doable to you ?
> I've pushed a kill-size-request branch that has the beginnings of 1.
Great that sounds very doable.
] [Thread Prev