3.0 refactoring issues

Hi all,
    So I'm spending some time trying to get Glade to at least build
on 3.0...

First thing, what is the recommended way of doing
    gdk_window_set_back_pixmap (from xpm data...) ?

Sure... I'm seeing gdk_window_set_background_pattern()..
but no way to create the pattern from a pixbuf or such
(maybe I missed something in the cairo apis...)

Second... suddenly no more ->expose_event vfunc ???

Ok, so this means that *all* widgets in the world that draw
anything in expose need to be rewritten with cairo and use
the new ->draw() api. Actually I don't mind this in general
and I appreciate the brutal cleanup approach.

But... please remind me... what is the policy in place that
allows us to remove ->expose_event() completely ?

And... please, please... if removing the expose completely
is acceptable... can we then go ahead and remove ->size_request()
as well ?

Cheers,
         -Tristan