Re: GtkSpreadTable ('spread-table' branch)

On Fri, 2010-10-22 at 10:48 +0200, David King wrote:
> On 2010-10-14 11:52, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
> >If nobody says they want this soon then I guess we'll just put it in
> >libegg.
>
> I am ready to add this to libegg, but it seems to depend on GTK+ 2 only
> right now, so do we want GTK+ 3 code there? If so, should I update
> everything to use GTK+ 3, make GTK+ 2/3 support selectable at configure
> time or simply dump the code in a subdirectory with a separate Makefile
> (much like wrapbox is currently)?

libegg components are meant to be copy and pasted into other projects;
adding a dependency on gtk+-3 just for the spread-table is not a problem
at all. just add a conditional like the ones currently there for
different versions of gtk+-2.0, and recurse into the spread-table
directory if gtk+-3.0 is available.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--