Re: [Usability] Improving single click for all GTK+ apps to make it suitable as a standard

On 15 May 2010 13:32, Thorsten Wilms <t_w_ freenet de> wrote:
> I would love to see a system-wide gesture-to-action mapping and you seem
> to be talking about roughly the same.

I'd love to see GNOME leading on the Alt input front.

> Gestures would be sequences of stuff that the user does using input
> devices (hardware controllers) and actions would be what the software
> does in response.
> Gestures could include simple clicks and keyboard input, but also
> multi-touch gestures and even Emacs-style sequences.

And allow for gestures across devices - like control+click

> For all GTK+ apps would be a nice start, but cross-toolkit would be even
> better.
> I wrote more about that back in 2007:

That's a good analysis and proposal

There were also some initial discussion along the similar lines here

and here

Steve Lee