Re: [Usability] Improving single click for all GTK+ apps to make it suitable as a standard

On 15 May 2010 13:32, Thorsten Wilms <t_w_ freenet de> wrote:
> I would love to see a system-wide gesture-to-action mapping and you seem
> to be talking about roughly the same.

+1

I'd love to see GNOME leading on the Alt input front.

> Gestures would be sequences of stuff that the user does using input
> devices (hardware controllers) and actions would be what the software
> does in response.
>
> Gestures could include simple clicks and keyboard input, but also
> multi-touch gestures and even Emacs-style sequences.

And allow for gestures across devices - like control+click

> For all GTK+ apps would be a nice start, but cross-toolkit would be even
> better.
>
> I wrote more about that back in 2007:
> http://thorwil.wordpress.com/2007/04/10/event-to-action-mapping-1/

That's a good analysis and proposal

There were also some initial discussion along the similar lines here

http://groups.google.com/group/osk-ng/browse_thread/thread/fc59b0eff66cd685

and here

http://eduspaces.net/stevelee/weblog/348733.html

Steve Lee