Re: [Usability] Improving single click for all GTK+ apps to make it suitable as a standard
- From: Steve Lee <steve lee oucs ox ac uk>
- To: "t_w_ freenet de" <t_w_ freenet de>
- Cc: "usability gnome org" <usability gnome org>, "gtk-devel-list gnome org" <gtk-devel-list gnome org>, ayatana <ayatana lists launchpad net>
- Subject: Re: [Usability] Improving single click for all GTK+ apps to make it suitable as a standard
- Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 17:17:00 -0000
On 15 May 2010 13:32, Thorsten Wilms <t_w_ freenet de> wrote:
> I would love to see a system-wide gesture-to-action mapping and you seem
> to be talking about roughly the same.
I'd love to see GNOME leading on the Alt input front.
> Gestures would be sequences of stuff that the user does using input
> devices (hardware controllers) and actions would be what the software
> does in response.
> Gestures could include simple clicks and keyboard input, but also
> multi-touch gestures and even Emacs-style sequences.
And allow for gestures across devices - like control+click
> For all GTK+ apps would be a nice start, but cross-toolkit would be even
> I wrote more about that back in 2007:
That's a good analysis and proposal
There were also some initial discussion along the similar lines here
] [Thread Prev