Serialization and persistence

Hi,

I know GObject serialization has been discussed a few times before although, as far as I can tell, no generic solution seems to have been made widely available.

Currently, I am working on a library which can (de)serialize and/or provide persistence for GObjects at the property level. The library is extensible in that it can support different serialization formats and streaming/storage mechanisms. I'm working on this as a separate library at the moment simply because I need the functionality fairly quickly.

It seems to me that, in the long term, GIO would be a good place to add GObject serialization/persistence. Is anyone considering something like this? Would those responsible for GIO consider adding such functionality to it? I'd be happy to contribute.

Matthew.